Friday, September 24, 2010

Written by G (typed by Kirk)

I love Indonesia, but my class is a little weird. My teacher talks about politics and Obama, and I made up a new word called bozokus. It means "totally stupid, dude." Some strange things have happened to me also. I've "be-tailed" a few lizards and went to an awesome adventure park called Treetops. It is a humongous rope course and one of the courses is about a mile long. But there are about forty ziplines. The odd thing about Indonesia is they really like ziplines, but here they don't call them ziplines, they call them Flying Foxes. My friend has a zipline made out of a wire and motorcycle tires, and he also has two baby goats and his neighbor has a bunch of baby puppies. My Indonesian is coming along very slowly. I only know a couple words like "how are you?," "fried chicken," "fried rice," "fried beef." Notice everything starts with "fried." In this country, the only thing you cannot find fried in a giant pot of grease, is grease. I ate a coconut that had just fallen from a tree and was almost killed by a totally random coconut falling out of a tree and almost landing on my head. The friends I do have are exactly like my friends in Bozeman, which is good, because they are all good. Today I helped plan a birthday party for my friend's little brother. I have to say, I'm jealous. He's gonna have a good birthday party. Besides the fact that everything is covered in Spiderman stickers.
      I also have joined an Indonesian soccer team, but all the kids are way too good for me. My house is so big we're even going to install a badminton gym in our living room. It is three stories of "whoa this is too big" and if anyone were even to try to walk up to the top floor balcony they would be panting by the time they got up to the highest floor. This is just me, but I am assuming that everyone who is reading this article by now has gotten outrageously bored, so I'm going to finish with a "dada" which in Bahasa Indonesia means "goodbye" ("dada" almost means "breast" if you are in the fifth grade and you put "women's" in front of this you will be laughing all night long.) At the end of the day just be sure to tell your teacher "dada."
   P.S. A funny little comment is that "teacher" in Bahasa Indonesia is "guru". Shed some tears for me. Dada.
    (Don't ask me about the tears.)

2 comments:

  1. Graham, thanks for your great note! I think a badminton court sounds way more fun than boring furniture. And Scotty was very envious of your zipline experience. (I showed him all the pictures on Seamus' facebook page.) I'm excited to hear about more of your adventures! Have fun playing lots of soccer, and I'll be thinking of you alot. love, Aunt Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. kirk, i just read that there was an earthquake. i hope all of you are safe

    ReplyDelete